Parsi food is my absolute favorite Indian cuisine. Parsi food is amazing and flavorful but with only limited spices and ingredients. The first time I tried their food I was stunned and surprised because they use limited and easily available ingredients in the kitchen but the food that comes out straight from the pan is flavorful and full of soul.
Recently, I had an opportunity to cook and launch the winter menu of Piali “The Curry Bistro” at Connaught Place, New Delhi. I of course made my favorite Salli Boti and I am going to share the recipe with you as well. This is my version of Salli Boti, which It is just simple and very elegant.
|Chopped onions||1 bowl|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||2 tbsp + 1tbsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 tsp + 1 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||½ tsp + ½ tsp|
|Roasted Coriander||1 ½ tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 ½ tsp|
|Chopped Tomatoes||1 bowl|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Salli/Fine Potato Shreds||½ bowl|
|Oil||2 tbsp + 4 tbsp|
How to cook cook cook!
- Marinate the lamb with lemon, salt, ginger garlic paste and oil
- Let it rest for 30-60 minutes
- In a hot pan, sear the lamb chops for 4-5 minutes
- Remove from the pan put in an oven tray
- Put the lamb chops covered with aluminum foil in a pre-heated oven (180° C) for 15-20 minutes.
- A knife can be used to check whether the lamb is cooked or not.
- In a non stick pan, heat some oil and onions. Saute till it turns golden brown
- Add -garlic paste, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, mutton, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add in the roasted coriander powder, cumin powder and tomatoes. Stir and mix till it cooks properly.
- Put some sugar and vinegar.
- Add in water and let it cook properly.
- Using a grinder, grind this curry in to a fine paste.
- Sieve it and remove all the lumps. Sieving will help get a nice smooth texture.
- Once sieved properly, cook for 2-3 more minutes
- Add garam masala and salt, mix well.
Our Boti and curry is ready, and it is time to beautify our dish and make it look really pretty, the art of plating is as important as the art of cooking.
- In a deep plate, pour the curry
- Put the lamb chops on top
- Place the Sallis around lamb chops
- Use some edible flowers and micro herbs to garnish