I always just have one simple demand when I am in Lucknow or friends are traveling there, I want Galouti Kebab. Am I asking too much?
It’s been quite some time that I have had these amazing melt in your mouth Kebabs, and hence finally I thought I must make it for myself.
I remember seeing Chef Ajay Chopra couple of days back cooking these kebabs, and I was quite amazed with the fact that they are so simple and yet with full of flavors and aroma.
I clubbed my Galouti Kebabs with some Corn and Gram Flour Bread which was loaded with Indian spices. So now let’s talk less and cook more.
For the marination:
|Minced Meat||½ kg|
|Chopped Raw Papaya||100 gm|
|Chili Powder||1 tsp|
For the Kebabs:
|Chopped Fresh Coriander||¼ cup|
|Chopped Green Chillies||2|
|Roasted Gram Flour||3 tbsp|
|Ghee||To pan fry|
How to cook cook cook!
- Trim off all the extra fat from the meat and pass through the mincer for about 4-5 times, or ask your butcher
- Grind and make a paste of all the ingredients
- Marinate the minced meat with the paste for 2-3 hours
- Once the marination is done mix the minced meat with the coriander leaves, green chilies, gram flour and egg
- Make round patties of the minced meat in to desired size
- Heat the ghee in a heavy-based frying pan
- Fry the kebabs, browning first one side and then the other, over medium heat
- Serve this dish with some lemon and onion.
This recipe will serve around 8-10 people or may be just one if you are foodie like me.