Few recipes are classic, they are just perfect, This Banana Bread recipe is one of those.
The softness and the melt in the mouth texture is what you get, with this wonderful recipe.This Banana Bread recipe does not need any beater or any blender – The Recipe has a thick sweet batter, full of mashed bananas, ground cinnamon, nuts and chocolate chips. The choice of nuts and chocolate chips is all according to the taste.
( I love the pairing of banana with chocolate chips ). The Banana Bread turns out to be delightfully moist and tender. This Banana Bread will make a perfect tea time snack; the recipe is quick and easy.
|All-purpose flour||1 ¼ Cup|
|Granulated sugar||¾ Cup|
|Baking powder||2 tsp|
|Cinnamon powder||1 tsp|
|Butter (melted)||½ Cup|
|Ripe bananas (mashed)||2 (1 Cup)|
|Almond, currants and chocolate chips (optional)||¼ Cup|
How to cook cook cook!
- Pre heat the oven at 180*C. Butter and flour the sides and bottom of a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- With a rubber spatula lightly fold the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients – just until combined.
- The batter will be thick and chunky. The important thing is not to over mix the batter.
- You should not be over mixing to get the smooth mix.
- Over mixing will yield tough rubbery bread. now add in the Almonds, currants and chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes at 180*C .
- The bread should have a golden brown crust, and the toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Place on the wire rack to cool for sometime and then remove from the pan. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
The original post is on 2 bliss of baking by my amazing friend Pooja Khanna.