It’s the most wonderful time of the year. It’s December. We see happy people, bright colors and roasted or baked food. Families come together, exchange gifts, chit chat over a glass of wine of humble coffee/tea.
December is in fact one of my favorite months. I play my favorite jazz music and cook tirelessly. I also try to cook and bake healthy food so that people eat guilt free. This time I found amazing hand-rolled oats from True Elements and sun dried mulberry from my Afghani friends. You can of course eat them together with some curd but why not bake them make amazing crunchy cookies?
Oats prevents cardiovascular disease, controls blood sugar levels and helps in weight loss whereas Mulberries have more Vitamin C than Oranges, they are rich in Protein, Iron & Calcium and are full of antioxidant. So let’s get it straight, they are healthy and good for your body. Let’s bake and eat guilt free.
|White Butter, room temperature||3 tbsp|
|Whole Wheat Flour||½ cup|
|Rolled oats/oatmeal||1 cup|
|Sun-dried Mulberries||½ cup|
|Baking Soda||¼ tsp|
How to cook cook cook!
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a clean bowl, mix butter, honey, egg and milk thoroughly. Whip till they become light and airy.
- Sift together the dry ingredients then stir in the oats. Mix with very light hand
- Add in the dried mulberries. Mix the batter again but ensure to not over mix it.
- Put baking pray or spray cooking oil on your oven tray.
- Use your preferred size cookie scoop or spoon to drop portions of dough , spacing them a couple inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with cold milk, tea, coffee or by itself.