Festivities bring in family and friends together, it brings a day filled with fun and joy and lots of food which mostly includes traditional dishes. Almost every family serves the fried snack to their guests but what if we give a twist to our age-old snacks and dishes? What if you cook something amazingly simple and which looks super complicated and pretty?
One thing which is always in the kitchen of a lot of families is Maggi and of course, it is loved by everyone. I randomly picked up Maggi packets and planned to try out something different and came up with the idea of rolling Maggi in a spring roll sheet and deep frying it. It simply gives a crunchy outer and smooth and soft Maggi inside.
You don’t have to necessarily wait for the festival, cook this dish at any time of the day or serve it to your kids in the evening. So let’s wear our kitchen apron and hit the kitchen. Let’s cook something to impress our guests.
|Maggi||200 gms (2 packets)|
|Italian seasoning||1 tsp|
|Cheese||2 ½ tsp|
|Semolina (Suji/Rawa)||1 tbsp|
|Maggi Masala||5 tbsp|
|Spring roll sheet||8-10|
|Oil||To deep fry|
How to cook cook cook!
- Cook your Maggi in a deep pan and ensure it is not too watery.
- Take it off the heat and toss in butter, cheese, Italian seasoning, semolina and extra Maggi Masala. Please feel free to adjust Maggi Masala as per your taste.
- Mix them nicely without damaging the strings of your noodles.
- Roll this stuffing tightly in your spring roll sheet and seal with water.
- Deep fry in hot oil till they turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle some extra Maggi masala and serve it with Tomato or Imli Ketchup
Note: You can avoid deep frying and bake it for 7-8 minutes (or till they turn crunchy) on 180 C.